What’s that sound?
That hissing may be coming from the blow-up pool in the backyard and maybe that clatter is the sound of ice tumbling into a glass cup. But what if these somewhat simple sources aren’t the source of the noise?
All too often, people hear an odd noise from their air conditioner and pay it less attention than it deserves. Unfortunately, this puts them at risk of allowing a problem in their AC system to develop into a bigger issue. Don’t ignore the noise! When something sounds off with your air conditioner, it means it is time to schedule an AC repair in Sundance, WY to address it.
What Sounds Mean Trouble For Your AC?
So what sounds are we talking about that mean trouble for your system? We have a few that you should be on the alert for:
- Rattling: When your air conditioner starts to rattle it means something in the system has started to come loose. You’ll want to have this sound addressed soon before it escalates into a part that has come free and is causing more damage than before.
- Screeching: The sound of screeching coming from your AC is never a good thing. This is created when metal scrapes against metal, such as when you have a dry blower motor belt or when you have a loose fan blade scraping around its housing.
- Hissing: Hissing is not the same sound as the one your system makes when it is producing air normally. This sound is created when there is a leak in your system’s refrigerant line which is allowing gaseous refrigerant to escape.
- Bubbling: If you aren’t hearing a hissing noise then what you may be hearing from your AC is a bubbling noise. This is yet another sign of a refrigerant leak. The difference is that now you are hearing air bubbles that are present in the part of the refrigerant line where the chemical is still in liquid form.
- Clanging: Did you notice a rattling noise from your AC earlier in the season that you figured wasn’t a big deal? You wouldn’t be the first to make this mistake. Clanging is going to be a sign that a part that was coming loose is now fully free and is bouncing around in the system, creating added damage.
- Silence: Is your air conditioner eerily quiet these days? We hate to tell you this but a silent air conditioner is one that actually isn’t running at all. If your AC has stopped making any noise, you’ll want to reach out to a professional to get it running again!
Maybe you’ve heard one of these noises or perhaps you heard a different sound coming from your system that coincided with operational trouble. Whatever the case, you need to work with an expert to get your system back into order. That is where we come in.
The trusted source for all your heating and cooling needs, contact Climate Solutions, Inc. to schedule your next AC service.